Image Navigator: Open up to 4GB Scans
BIOQUANT Life Science can import, analyze, and export very large digital pathology data.
This feature was previously part of the Imaging Extensions add-on. As of September 1, 2018, all Imaging Extensions features have been integrated into BIOQUANT Life Science.
Digital Pathology Scans Up to 4GB
BIOQUANT provides the necessary infrastructure to handle very large image files. Uncompressed TIF is the default format for interchange of digital pathology scans.
Large Image Navigator: Virtual Microscope
Large images and scans are opened in the Large Image Navigator.
- Zoom to different magnifications. All zoom levels are instantly calibrated.
- TV boundary is shown in Large Image Navigator box, Overview window, and in the Measurement window.
- Use the Pan box to load high resolution image into the Image window for measurement.
- The Pan box is bound by Tissue Volume region of interest, preventing measurement outside of the TV.
- Measurement tracings collected at different zoom levels and at different locations on the large image are redrawn, preventing duplicate measurement.
Batch Scripting within the Sampling Area
Batch Scripting can automatically sequence through a sampling area boundary and measure internal cells.
EXPORT IMAGE IN BIF, OUR CALIBRATED IMAGE FORMAT
BIOQUANT uses the BIF format to store calibration data directly in the image file. Loading the image automatically calibrates a BIOQUANT system for accurate data collection.
BIF scans can be measured on a BIOQUANT Life Science Satellite System, freeing up the core BIOQUANT system for live imaging.
EXPORT IMAGES IN LARGE TIF
Export images in the large TIF format for external sharing.
EXPORT IMAGES IN BMP OR JPG
Export images in the BMP or JPG formats for printing and sharing.